Full-Time Lead Art Teacher
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School in Morrisville, NC. is seeking an art teacher for the 2021-22 school year. The Art Teacher, using the Montessori Method according to AMS standards, will implement engaging instruction aligned with the NC standard course of study benchmarks, as the basis and foundation of their work with students.
- Commitment to the mission, philosophy, and guiding principles of Sterling Montessori.
- Able to prepare a differentiated, nurturing Montessori learning environment.
- Understand the development of children K-8th grade and how it applies in the classroom.
- Responsible for training, supervision, weekly meetings, goals and evaluation of assistant teachers.
- Understands the importance of differentiation of instruction, support methods for students with or without special learning needs.
- Demonstrates excellent skills in organization, classroom management, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Has strong oral and written communication skills.
- Is able to collaborate with students, colleagues and administration to develop and ensure a healthy, safe, and inviting environment in while all community members are free to learn and work.
- Is able to develop strong partnerships with students, colleagues and administration.
- Is skilled in using email, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Google Drive when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited University (required)
- State License (required)
- Montessori Certification or Experience (preferred)
- Experience working with children from Kindergarten through 8th grade
- Experience working in a Montessori Setting (preferred)
E-mail resume and references to Josie Spreher at email@example.com